[Advaita-l] Question? - Is Guru necessary?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 04:23:15 CST 2016

Shree Ramesh Ramnan- PraNAms

Thanks for providing your perspective on the subject. Yes I am aware of Bhagavan Ramanamaharshi's teachings and have taken texts - Upadesha saara and Saddharshanam as part of two-day spiritual camp and the talks on these two texts are available on line in yu-tube.

Question is posed to see the perspective of people coming from different background since in the current system of education we do not have traditional guru-kula systems and there is also mass scale teaching and mass scale on line talks available by various teachers - some coming from sampradaya and some are not.

There is also so much misinterpretation of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's teachings too - even though he has provided some important selective slokas on Geeta.

Question-answers of Bhagavan are intended to questioners who had some specific background and within in some context and should not be applicable to all as is being done by some devotees of Bhagavan. This may be a different topic altogether, perhaps should be discussed separately.

I am planning to pose some of these challenging questions to stimulate discussions so that those who are on the path have firm conviction of the goal and the means.

Hari Om!
Sadananda