[Advaita-l] Fwd: Dvaita Accepts Body Adhyāsa

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:51:18 CDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 12:06 AM, Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:17 AM, kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <
>

>> advaitam chaturtam manyante sa aatmaa -sa vijneyaH.
>> Those who are not convinced about the nature of reality - let them be -
>> Variety is the part of Vibhuti of the Lord
>> In the final analysis - Dattatreya says - Iswaranugrahat eva pumsaam
>> advaita vaasanaa
>> Should we care if Dwiata accepts deha adhyaasa or not?
>>

> I agree, we should not care whether Dvaitins accepts dehAtma adhyAsa or
> not. It seems, the original poster is attempting to reconcile DvaitAdviata
>  by forcefully imposing Advaitic idea on Dvaitns illegitimately

There is no force in showing that deha adhyāsa is admitted by the Dvaitin.
The Vijayadhwaja commentary to the Bhāgavatam is explicit: jaḍaśarīram
klṛptam.

http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?beginning=0+&tinput=+klrptam&trans=Translate

 Also, the Pejawar Swamiji's statement that it is a bhrama is also
explicit.  Bhrama is not an Advaitic idea.

vs