[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Mar 21 02:17:16 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri lalitalAlita prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I request you to go through old mails which criticized you. They were not full of personal criticism only.

>  prabhuji, I know that and I ignored your personal criticisms  on me coz. I know that it was in good intention and nothing personal.

If you get my point of view from them, then OK.
But, I'm sorry that I don't have that much time to dedicate to any discussion like this.

>  I know that prabhuji, hence I donot want to drag this discussion with you.

I know from where you are talking.
I wish you could just put your view aside and try to get what my view is/popular view is. You already know that, hence you started thread. It was conflicting with your present understanding.

>  As I said in the first mail, jagan mithyatvam is an axiomatic statement from the tradition alongwith brahma satyatvaM.  I am just trying to dig deep into this jagat mithyatvaM from the point of kArya - kAraNa ananyatvaM and at the same time without disturbing the ultimate reality of brahman i.e. it is nirguNa, nirvisheesha, niravayava. I am of the opinion that the popular opinion can be re-visited from this point of view.

Now, I request you to put your understanding away for some time and repeat what I said. I will clarify the meaning, if you fail to grasp. Once you understand my point of view, you are free to compare that with yours and find errors.

>  while I am really indebted to you to get your help, I would like to say that my understanding is not my own assumption without any bhAshya or gurUpadesha.   IMHO, shankara / shruti would not have taken the trouble to advocate mAya satkArya vAda in the light of ajAtivAda and insisting the kArya-kAraNa ananyatvaM while clarifying the adhyArOpita kAraNatvaM on nirvikAri brahman.  Here I want to dig-deep with regard to jagan mithyatvaM, what exactly is the jagat svarUpa, how it is avidyAkalpita and what exactly does it mean brahman is both nimitta and upAdAna kAraNa when jagat is just like adhyArOpita 'sarpa' on the rope.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar

PS :  if you could permit me, I would like to share my thoughts with regard to your observation on my lead post.