[Advaita-l] Why was the illusory universe generated at the first place?

Aurobind Padiyath aurobind.padiyath at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:18:41 CDT 2016

There is no absence of light in reality. Only the limitation of your eyes
to see is called the absence. Mistaking the light of Sun under conditions
is in reality the wateryness. Same way when you see things as names and
forms not as Sat Chit Ananda that includes you too, that is called Avidya
or Maya. Not perceived in it's reality creates the names and forms.
Can you experience any thing if it is not existing (Sat), Awareness (Chit)
and niratishaya anubhuti (Ananda)? Everything is only experienced as
knowledge and only if it is existing. That experiencing if it is confused
with the names and forms it is called Jagat otherwise in it's reality it is
only Brahman.
Aurobind

Aurobind Padiyath
+91-9689755499