[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue May 10 04:37:57 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

According to this view, the nityashuddhamuktasvabhAva Brahman, in association with ajnAna, attains the state of jIva (ajnAnamAshritya jIvabhAvaM labdhvA), and creates (imagines) the bodies of Gods, animals, humans, etc. and also creates the entire universe with the fourteen worlds (brahmANDAdicaturdahsabhuvanaM sRShTvA).

>  prabhuji don’t you see the contradiction here in the above statement??  How can a 'nitya shuddha' brahman can have the association with ajnAna??  If the ajnAna is associated with him prior to creation, how can brahman's 'nitya shuddha mukta svabhAva be justified??  Again I think these declarations are because of 'bad practice' of using the mAya and avidyA alternatively without any discretion.  avidyAsaMyuktaM avyaktaM shankara says somewhere if avidyA  is avyaktaM in the kAraNa  brahman and since brahman is the ekamevAdviteeyaM before srushti, avidyA should have the par status with brahman.  That is no need to say an 'anishTa' considering the nitya shuddhatva of para brahman.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar