[Advaita-l] (Advaita-l)Shankara DrishTI SrishTI vada and eka Jiva vada

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Sat May 14 10:18:38 CDT 2016

Dears
The dream state is exclusive to only the perceiver of the dream.Waking state is common to all.That is all jivas see the same sun or the same scenery as objects though there perceptions of what is seen may be different as per their assessments.So are we right in concluding that both are the same as per vedantha?My question is ,though it is true when the perceiver ceases to exist ,the vyavaharik world does not exist as far as he is concerned as it happens when the dreamer wakes up his dream does not exist for him but for other jivas the world outside exists.How we can say that that Delhi does not exist when someone from Delhi moves out of Delhi and goes to London.What I seek to know how we can say both dream state and waking state are grouped together in the category of mithya.R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad