[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun May 22 07:42:20 CDT 2016

Sri Praveen Ji,

 Namaste.

Reg  << Apologies if I'm talking out of turn, but here's my understanding
>>,

No problem. Anyone can answer.

Reg  << Not the tat, but the tvam-pada. >>,

 Regret my mistake. Very bad slip.

Reg  << When tat tvam asi is told by the teacher to the disciple, the
latter understands it as aham tat (jagatkAraNaM)/ brahma asmi. >>,

The mahAvAkya upadesha is after the shishya has understood the meanings of
the three words tat, tvam and asi. So where is the shortcut?  It is
mentioned in Sri Anand Ji’s citation that there is no need to understand
the “tat” pada.