[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Ishvara-authored Srishti avidyākrta - Says Shankara

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:22:06 CDT 2016

Pranams,

Indeed this world is also asatya. The question is - does DSV needs to be
applied from individual consciousness or from collective consciousness.

If we take it from POV of individual consciousness, then for me things
become easy. When any object is not cognized, then for me it is
non-existent. Similarly for me, I see this whole world as per my own
vision. Other jIva-s do not matter to me. I cant see what others are seeing
or perceiving. In samAdhi, there is no creation as there is no mind. Hence
(for me), there is no creation, no jIva, nothing. When one feels unity with
Brahman, one still 'feels'. Hence 'I' exist. There are two tatva-s - 'I'
and 'Brahman', but not third. Beyond this feeling, there is just Brahman
and no individual 'I'.

Maybe, various statements from shruti and commentaries reflect various
states of consciousness.

OM

Sujal