[Advaita-l] paristharaNa and paridhi in agnimukha - Apasthamba gruhya sUtra

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 06:07:46 CST 2016

The paridhi should be inside the paristaraNa. I have seen a good pundit
place it outside, it seems to me that some people in karnATaka follow this.
In the Tamil side, I have not noticed people place the paridhi outside the
paristaraNam. 4 different paddhatis that I consulted, including one by a
famous shrauti, say that it should be inside the paristaraNam. The
Apastamba sUtra does not explicitly say where it should be placed, although
it seems to imply that it should be inside the paristaraNam.

Note that the paddhatis do not just follow one sUtra. The aapastamba
prayoga follows some details from other sutras which are either not
specified in aapastamba or details on which the aapastamba is silent, like
the paridhi placement. I am not knowledgeable enough about other sutras to
know if this is specified explicitly elsewhere.

Rama

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 2:33 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <