[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 02:34:53 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Sujal Ji,

Reg  << I have not read Sri Jagadguru's Bhashya on Vivekachudamani. Please
can you give me his commentary on sloka 362

VC 362. When the mind, thus purified by constant practice, is merged in
Brahman, then Samadhi passes on from the Savikalpa to the Nirvikalpa stage,
and leads directly to the realisation of the Bliss of Brahman, the One
without a second. >>,

Here is the translation of the bhashya by sri shankaranarayanan ( It is
verse 363 in his book) . Just to be sure we are referring to same verse
here is the Sanskrit verse (first line only)

<< निरन्तराभ्यासवशात् तदित्थम्  >>

<< nirantarAbhyAsavashAt tadittham >>

<<  Thus, when by force of continuous practice, the mind free from the
defects of wrong understanding etc., merges in Brahman, is without any
modification and is purely the residual Brahman, then, svatah, even without
effort, it becomes the experience of the nectar
​ ​
of non-dual bliss. Being of the form of Brahman is itself the nectar or
rasa; vide the shruti ‘raso vai saha” (TU). It is of the nature of rasa
also as it is the cause of supreme endearment, productive of that
experience, without any blemish, that is the nirvikalpa-samadhi which is
the cause of the dissolution of all universal vasanas beginning with
ahamkAra.  >>