[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 04:46:47 CDT 2016

praNAms SrI chandramouli ji,

thank you for giving translation of verse 362. we both are talking of same
verse :)

*I would suggest reference to Viveka Chudamani verses 428/429 (Bhashya of
> Sri Jagadguru) .

So the below statement is not a bhashya, but your understanding based on
bhashya

*The succinct answer is << Because the “anubhava”is advaitic (paramArthika,
> pure Bliss) when the vritti assumes “brahmAkAra”. It is called “akhandAkAra
> vritti”  But the event is taking place only at the vyAvahArika level. Hence
> vritti continues to exist. There is no damage to advaita sidhAnta >>.

This gives me a little air to breath :)

Here there is an assumption that one is already abiding in nirguNa Brahman
and the mind experiences akhaNDAkAra vritti.

As I understand, the experience of akNDAkAra vritti is before entering
nirguNa sthiti. So a sAdhaka can experience akhaNDAkAra vritti, oneness
with Brahman by holding his mind still, but still, mind is not destroyed.
Hence in order to stay in samAdhi, s/he has to keep vritti-s still, whereas
the experience should be sahaja without any effort to make it still.

What is your opinion?

Kind Regards
Hari OM