[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:14:05 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Venkatraghavan Ji, Sri Chandromouli Ji

Thanks for these sharing.

Also, from Br.Up 4.4.6, we have - ... आत्मकामो न तस्य प्राणा उत्क्रामन्ति,
ब्रह्मैव सन्ब्रह्माप्येति

It is clear from Sruti and bhAshya (prasthAna traya), sadyo mukti (coterminous
with the attainment of BrahmAtmaikatva ज्ञान) is told.

Regards

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com> wrote:

> Namaste Sri Ravi Kiran ji,
>
> In addition to the references provided by Sri Chandramouliji a description
> of a jIvan mukta's life (sthita prajna) is provided in Bhagavat Gita
> 2.55-2.57 and it's bhAshya.
>
> The reasons why the body continues to exist (conventionally) for a jIvan
> mukta are discussed in Brahma Sutra 4.1.15 and the related Chandogya
> 6.14.2.Katha 2.3.14 (अत्र ब्रहम समश्नुते) and it's bhAshya is often cited
> as a pramANa for jIvan mukti but it's only a brief reference.

Regards,