[Advaita-l] How many margas for mukti

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 03:55:49 CDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> Bhakti is therefore not an alternative to karma, it is a key component for
> the first three categories of bhakta. For the last category of jnAni
> bhakta, bhakti is not allied to karma, but is sva-svarUpa anusandhAnam, it
> is jnAna itself.

Shankara has, in several places in the BGB, hastened to clarify that
wherever the ideas like 'by bhakti I am attained' etc., it is
'jñānalakṣaṇayā bhaktyā'.  One can verify this by giving a search in the
Advaitasharada resource. This qualification is required to avoid any wrong
conclusion that bhakti is a separate path.

regards
vs