[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi series - an Introduction

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 25 08:52:16 EDT 2017

This is a commendable undertaking and I extend my hearty congratulations!
It is a matter of pride that we have such stalwarts and geniuses as
Madhusudana Saraswati in the advaita sampradAya. However, there is a bit of
sadness that their works are not easily understood by followers of the
advaita school in general. In the words of MahamahopAdhyAya Shri Ganganath
Jha, the three works - KhaNDana-khaNDa-khAdya, advaitasiddhi, and
chitsukhI- constitute the triple "hard nut" to the kernel whereof the "beak
of intelligence" finds it difficult to reach, in the language of the
pAThashAlas. Perhaps, with the encouragement and training provided by the
likes of the Acharyas of Chennai, the day is not far off when any student
of advaita interested in gaining proficiency in these difficult texts will
have the means to do so, just as students of dvaita today can gain
proficiency in nyAyasudha through training that has been made accessible,
for example.

Anand