[Advaita-l] Did Shri Rama really abandon Sita?

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 06:05:24 EST 2017

 Interesting. There are other popular versions of Ramayana as well which don't have uttara kanda.
    On Wednesday 20 December 2017, 11:03:45 AM IST, Jack Sparow via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Namaste. you can quote this reply wherever needed.
 Yes it is addition to main Ramayan much later by a poet named Bhavbhuti in
his work: Uttar Rama charita. It is more of fiction work and prior to this
there is no mention till 1st century bc.
 The fact can be verified when one reads Bhattiya s work written in second
century bc by the name Ravan Vadhiyam, it does not mention Ram abandoning
Sita.
Jatin

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <