[Advaita-l] [advaitin] The Bhashyas of Adi Shankara

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 18:31:19 CST 2017

Dear Vidyashankarji,

ShankarAcharyanavAvatara means  the new avatara of Shankaracharya. It is according to shashthi tatpurusha samasa. You can ask anybody who knows Sanskrit. This is not as you interpret. There is no alankara needed for Shankara, but only the differentiation that this Nava Shankara was a later Shankara regarded as an avatara of Adi Shankara, as he was as versatile as Adi Shankara,  .

Secondly, I was talkng of Anantanandagiri and not Anandagiri. You took Anantanandagiri to be the same as Anandagiri

No entreaties please.  Pathak was concerned with the date of this Nava shankara and he quoted what he thought served that purpose. He omitted most of the paper. That does not mean thaton onecan look up whether there was any Nava Shankara or not, and if there was any, where he was born etc.

Regards,
Sunil KB