[Advaita-l] Paper on Kenopanishad

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 13:45:21 CST 2017

Dear friends,

There is a paper by Mayeda Sengaku entitled ON ŚAṄKARA'S AUTHORSHIP OF THE "KENOPANIṢADBHĀṢYA". The abstract of the paper says as follows:

It is an interesting fact that there are two commentaries on the Kenopaniad which are ascribed to one and the same author, Sakara; one is entitled Padabhāya and the other Vākyabhāya. Several scholars such as Belvalkar, Bhattacharya and Saccidanandendra Sarasvati have asserted that only the PBh is S's authentic work while the VBh is spurious. Here I would like to take up these two commentaries and discuss their authenticity.

I have not been able to get the paper so far. Has any of the scholars read the views of  Saccidanandendra Sarasvati and if so what are his views in detail?

Regards,
sunil KB