[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 07:47:12 EDT 2017

Namaste

Thanking all for responses with Sruti statements. There is also one more
angle. If Vaadiraaja is saying Ninda Sabdas are aimed at Brahman he must
also accept all names are aimed at Brahman because of Jeeva Aikya.
Therefore all good names like Bhagavan, Ishwara, Deva, Devi, Raajaa,
Samrat, Sarvajna are also His names only. They are also in Sruti. Therefore
when all names are His only what is the defect here?

OR we may say all names are for Brahman but for Saguna Brahman. There is no
word for Nirguna Brahman because no word can reach and describe Nirguna. If
there is any word It cannot be Nirguna.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:08 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> Advaita has no problem with such shruti passages. We do not accept vikara
> for Brahman but only vivarta. Ajaayamaano bahudhaa vijaayate. Purusha Eva
> idam sarvam...Atmaivedam/Brahmaivedam sarvam, idam sarvam yadayamatma,
> etc.
>
> When we say yad rajatam saa shuktih, it is baadhaayam saamaanaadhikaranyam.
> The shell alone appears as silver. Brahman alone appears as everything. No
> taratamya as uccha nicha etc. That is what the shve and cited paippalada
> shrutis teach.
>
> vs

-Venkatesh