[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 06:46:53 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms
>
> Hare Krishna
>

> But, how does this qualify paramArtha drSTi ?
> Do you see it as such ? J
>

> Ø     What exactly is the paramArtha drushti or saMyak drushti ?? One
> wave seeing the other wave and giving it an independent existence is
> parichinna drushti or avidyA drushti, the same wave after realizing that it
> is nothing but water seeing other wave and realizing that it is too water
> only and does not have independent existence apart from water.

Noted the Illustration

>   To know this truth behind the wave, wave does not have to subside
> completely

True .. manasa eva anudrastavyam, neha nanasti kinchana

and become levelled water if that is the case we will have to wait for the
> complete levelled settlement of these waves and whenever there is no waves
> in ocean then only we will have to call  it as ‘water’.  That can happen
> only in mahApraLaya where nAma rUpa would get transformed into avyakta and
> become one with its kAraNa.   And ekamevAdviteeyatvaM can be attributed to
> brahman only after mahApraLaya where there vyAkruta nAma rUpa conspicuous
> by its absence!!

why so? why attribute ekamevAdviteeyatvaM  to brahman only after
mahApraLaya ?

>From where (which advaita texts), did you get such an understanding ?

> OTOH knowing the kAraNa svarUpa (water) behind kArya  even when kArya
> existing is the drushti of ekatva.

I see you are only stating atmaikatva jnana in another way ..

as, सर्वं च नामरूपादि सदात्मनैव सत्यं  ( sat svarUpEna satyam)

> From that drushti wave’s astitva does not come to an end only svatantra
> astitva of wave apart from water would get sublated (bAdhita).  One big
> wave knows that it is nothing but water and it also knows that other waves
> too nothing but water and all waves have the base as water and nothing
> else.

Yes, Brahman alone eternally IS ..

> When the biggest wave (paramAtma who is instructing) instructs  bigger
> wave (special jnAni-s) to guide small waves (ordinary jnAni-jeeva-s) to
> know their svarUpa water, the water would remain same as water only despite
> the existence of big, bigger and biggest waves.

So, you have clarified your own earlier statement of difference ..as there
is no difference in paramArtha jnAna or paramArtha svarUpa, any differences
admitted only in the upAdhis ..and such differences are verily vyavahAtmaka
..

> Because biggest and bigger waves know that they are nothing but water
>  sarvataH samplutOdakaM says geeta, apOvA idagaM sarvaM says veda, sarvaM
> ApomayaM jagat says durgaa saptashati.  This tAdAtmya saMbandha what bigger
> and biggest waves (kArya) has with water  (kAraNa) brahmavAdi kArya
> (apAntaratama –vyAsa) knows that it is in its svarUpa nothing but kAraNa
> and its saMbandha with kAraNa is tAdAtmya.  Shankara clarifies this in
> sUtra bhAshya : brahma vAdinaH kathA iti chet ??  tasya
> tAdAtmyalakshaNasaMbandhOpapatteH..

Yes, so, there is no bhEda accepted anywhere in paramArtha svarUpa

> Ø   Hope we are not again going back to  jagat satyatva in its kAraNa
> svarUpa J

 sadAtmanaiva satyam is very well discussed in bhAshya..so there are no 2
opinions there J

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!