[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:06:14 EDT 2017

Namaste Srinath ji,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 8:06 PM, Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > How is that it is your knowledge 'I am different from Ishvara' is
>> > anubhava-siddha ?
>>
>> Since limitedness is anubhavasiddha and Shruti says Ishvara is limitless.
>> don't need Shruti to tell me I am limited and therefore,
>

> Wrong.

anubhava, especially that is objective, cannot be proven wrong by
assertions. :)​

​

> What is anubhava siddha is you as a physical body (upaadi) is limited.

​Physical body is seen, but wrongly taking oneself to be the physical body
is naisargika. The physical body not being conscious is also known. One's
being conscious is also known by anubhava. Shruti just disconnects the
wrong locus where you have I placed which is anubhavasiddha.

> Without shruti you are not even aware there is such thing as atma/jiva
> which is persist after death of your physical body.

​No, Atma is anubhavasiddha, but the wrong understanding is corrected by
Shruti. A meditator or a vivekin anywhere around the world can get this
experience of being totally separate from the body, etc, without being told
by Shruti so.

Otherwise science would have accepted non-material chaitanya vastu long
> back.

Lets not digress into science please.​

> So, my contention is that -- if you accept both 'I' and 'You' more than
> bodies and jIva-s,  jIva-Isha bEdha is not anubhavasiddha at all, and known
> only from veda. Hence your argument is wrong in denying bedha between them.

​To the contrary, as above, your conclusions are wrong.
​
gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​