[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-605 to 1-627

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 11:53:19 EDT 2017

Namaste Venkatraghavanji,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 6:02 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> To be fair, Srinath ji will argue that earlier he was postulating the
> *necessity of the knowledge* of pratiyogi for *knowing the difference* from
> that object, whereas now he is *ruling out the necessity of the existence*
> of the pratiyogi for the *existence* of bhedA with  it.
>
>Thanks for that interesting insight.
​ To make that statement, we can fairly assume that such bhedaH is
knowable. How can existence of bhedaH with a non-existent pratiyogin be
known until the non-existence of the pratiyogin is known?
​If it cannot be
, then the​
refutation of the absurdity of the bhedaH with non-existent pratiyogin
would not be much different from Ch. Up.
​6.2.1 mantra
​and especially the bhAShya ​
refuting asadevedamagra AsI
​dekamevAdvitIyam.​

In any case, it has no purpose as you mentioned, even compared to
kAkadantaparIkShA.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​