[Advaita-l] Trimurtis are created of Pancha bhūta-s - Shankara

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 07:52:04 EST 2017

Dear Sri Chandramouli ji,

I had seen that bhāṣyam for the next mantra that you have cited. Since it
is about the sthūla pancha bhūta srishti, I did not cite that. Here is the
confirmation  that it is so, from the Anubhūti prakāśa on Mundakopanishat:

तस्मादन्नत् क्रियाशक्तिः प्राणो, ज्ञानस्य साधनम् ।
मनः, च अजायत, *स्थूलं सत्याख्यं भूतपञ्चकम्* ॥ 25

One can see the essence of the mantra 9 captured here. The next in the
sequence is the creation of the loka-s. This can happen only after the
sthūla bhūta creation. Hiranyagarbha's creation is before the sthula bhuta
creation. Hence, as Anandagiri has explained, he is the effect of the
sūkṣma bhūtas.

regards
subbu