[Advaita-l] Trimurtis are created of Pancha bhūta-s - Shankara

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 04:08:44 EST 2017

Dear Sri Subrahmanian Ji,

What I have quoted is the Bhashya for Mundaka 1-1-8 only.

I have just referred to the Mundaka Bhashya talks by Sri Mani Dravid
Shastrigal on mantra 1-1-8 as well as 1-1-9. He makes it explicitly clear
that Hiranyagarbha is "born" directly from avyAkRta, here understood as
Brahman endowed with MAyA.

Unfortunately I do not have ready access at this time to the talks by Swami
Paramarthananda on this mantra. If anyone is having it, perhaps he could
elaborate on the same.

I have also referred to the hindi commentary by Swami Maheshanadagiri on
the Anubhuti Prakasha verse you have cited. My understanding of the
commentary is in line with what I have stated earlier. However I am not
quoting it here as my understanding of hindi while being adequate for my
personal use is not good enough for explaining to others.

Regards