[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 04:26:18 EDT 2017

Sri Kalyan ji,

Calm down. No this is not what I mean :) - the point is  --no one is above
shastras, but there are always exceptions and exception is not a rule.

Can this logic be applied to Sringeri Jagadguru too. Is he exception or is
he not? I am not in a position to comment on this issue.

But I would not question you as you have already given your opinion -
follow smriti and shruti is to be restricted to Brahmins. Point Noted.
Thank you.

I am also studying the Br. Up. 1.3.8-17 and beyond. It looks like there is
slight difference in the translation of Gita Press (Sanskrit-Hindi) and
English one by Swami Madhavananda of Advaita Ashram. Maybe other members
can shed some light on the translation by comparing it with original
sanskrit.

Hari OM
Sujal

P.S. I am not a moderator. Still I request you and other members to please
delete old responses and keep only the last one or the one you are
replying. Each response i.e. email or reply has a size limit. Advaita-L
list is too old and so has used much server space, hence this restriction.
Please do remind me if I too forget to delete old responses or my long
signature.