[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 22:16:40 EDT 2017

According to Hindu Varnasrama dharma sanyasa is also an asrama with its own
vidhis and nishedhas(do's and dont's)'
When Adi Sankara tried to perform funeral of his mother, local brahmins
objected to it on the basis of that  varnasrama dharma.
Adi Sankara invoked his atyasrami status and performed the funeral

Hindu orthodoxy has never completely made peace with atyasramis because
they break the vyvastha status quo.
It continues to have tiffs with atyasramis like Bhagavan Buddha, Sri Ramana
Maharshi, Saibaba.
That is why I say orthodoxy pays lip service to advaita . We are
prachchanna  purva mimasakas under the mask of
advaita.

By the way common people adore the atyasramis irrespective of their
religion ignoring the admonitions
of the orthodoxy.

न मे पार्थास्ति कर्तव्यं त्रिषु लोकेषु किञ्चन
That is an atyasrami speaking. He may follow status quo by his own volition
but *he is free to *
*and may break it* if wishes to do so.

regards,
Sarma.

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 7:04 AM, S Jayanarayanan via Advaita-l <