[Advaita-l] The Glory of Sannyasa

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Oct 24 02:21:36 EDT 2017

Humble sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Not all of them.  The relevant text for this topic is Maitreyi Brahmana of Brhadaranyaka upanishad.  Rshi Yajnavalkya was married (twice no less!) but on "cognizing his true svarupa" as you said left the grhastha ashrama. Ask yourself why was it neccessary?

>  Yes, I too am wondering.  Does this mean after 'cognizing (realizing) the true svarUpa' there needs to be done something else also to complete the formality??  After realizing the svarUpa, one has to go to conducive place to maintain this jnana intact??  Not sure...Anyway, as per some prakaraNa grantha (pancha dashi / jeevanmukti viveka ??) sage yajnavalkya is not a highest level jnAni (not varishTa in jani's gradation).  So, as per this work, there is a room to think he needs another Ashrama to establish himself in the 'known' svarUpa jnana.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar