[Advaita-l] Gayatri variations across the four vedas

Ganesh Natarajan ganesh.n82 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:25:47 EDT 2018

Dear Raghav ji,

I also recently read this. In the book "Vedas" by Sri Chandrasekharendra
Saraswati/Sankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham
<https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=Sri+Chandrasekharendra+Saraswati%2FSankaracharya+of+Kanchi+Kamakoti+Peetham&search-alias=stripbooks>
(available
on amazon
https://www.amazon.in/Chandrasekharendra-Saraswati-Sankaracharya-Kamakoti-Peetham/dp/8172764014
)
mentions this. The Gayathri mantra is same for Rig, Yajur and Sama Vedis.
But for Atharvana veda, the Gayathri mantram is different. if somebody
wants to learn
the gayathri mantra from Atharvana veda they have to undergo a 2nd
upanayanam. Since its from maha perival's say I believe that.

Thanks,
ganesh.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:28 PM, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <