[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} workshop on Western philosophy from 3 may to 7 may 2018 PPSM Bengaluru

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:18:57 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Veeranarayana Pandurangi <veerankp at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018, 20:08
Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} workshop on Western philosophy from 3 may to
7 may 2018 PPSM Bengaluru
To: bvparishat <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>, Nicolas Reimen <
nicolas.reimen at gmail.com>, Dilip Loundo <loundo at hotmail.com>, Srinidhi
Pyati <srinidhipyati at gmail.com>, Srinivasa Kumar N Acharya [MU-MCES] <
acharya.srinivasan at manipal.edu>, SRINIVASA VARAKHEDI <shrivara at gmail.com>

Dear all
Here is the message of Dr. AV Nagasampige Director PPSM.

I am pleased to inform you that  poorna prajna samshodhana mandiram
Bengaluru will be organising a  workshop on Western philosophy from 3 may
to 7 may 2018.

It is the result of numerous philosophy sessions held in KSU last year.
We would like to cover important aspects of western from Plato to
Wittgenstein and others. We intend to introduce Western philosophical ideas
to Indian philosophy scholars so it sees some growth.

Resource persons are Prof. Shrinivas Varakhedi, VC, KKGKSU, Nagpur, Prof.
Dilip Loundo, Federal university, Juiz De Fora, Brazil, Dr Nicholas Reimen,
France, Vidvan Srindhi Pyati, PPSM, Abhinav Pandurangi, US.

Nyaya and Vedanta scholars may find it especially interesting since
material and terminology is prepared keeping them target. However all other
scholars also welcome. Daily schedule 10. 30 AM 12.30 AM and 2.00 PM to
5.00 PM.
No registration fees. No accommodation is available in PPSM. We are sorry
to inform it is no-frill workshop.

However we will try to find accommodation and food for outstation scholars
if they want to participate.

Pl. Contact Vidvan Srindhi Pyati,
srinidhipyati at gmail.com
+919036147460

Or
ppsmb1 at gmail.com
+918026694026.

Dr. AV Nagasampige
Director PPSM Bengaluru.

Details of topics to be dealt and resource persons (DL Dilip Loundo)(NR
Nicholas Reimen). Vidvan Srindhi will summarise/assist in getting it in
Samskrit. Prof. Varakhedi will be delivering his lectures possibly on 6.

*Day 1 (3/4)*:

   - Morning: Presocratics & Plato (DL)
   - Afternoon: Platonism (NR)

*Day 2  (4/4) *:

   - Morning: Aristotle & Tragedy (DL)
   - Afternoon: Christianity (NR)

*Day 3  (5/4) *:

   - Morning: Meister Eckhart (DL)
   - Afternoon: Descartes & Kant (NR)

*Day 4 (6/4)*:

   - Morning: Positivism (NR)
   - Afternoon: Phenomenology (Heidegger & Gadamer) (DL)

*Day 5  (7/4) *:

   -
      - Morning: Wittgenstein + Open debate (NR)
      - Afternoon: Open debate (DL)

A more detailed list, with abstracts, will follow.