[Advaita-l] Rainbow Body

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 04:26:37 EDT 2018

Namaste Sri Ram ji
You are quite correct that paperback vedanta can lead a student to wrong
understanding.

Even if someone studies the Upadesha saaram, Sat darshanam etc., from a
shrotriya like say Swami Paramarthanandaji , there won't be any problems .
A skilled sAmpradAyavit acharya can properly expound a text such as
Upadesha sAram which has all the ideas of karma yoga, japadhyAnam and
nidhidhyAsanam  etc. The problem is more likely to do with self study of
vedanta from paper backs instead of doing it the way it should be done
viz., by shravaNam (study) from a sAmpradAyavit (knower of the advaita
teaching tradition).

The problems of paperback vedantic students are unlikely to be addressed by
changing the text alone. We have the examples of Ramanuja and Madhva  etc.,
who took even the vedic texts and have deviated from the original nondual
vedic tradition by not learning from a proper  Guru and instead ended up
creating improvised fanatical and theological interpretations of the Vedas
rather than the non-sectarian advaita of Sri Shankara.

Just my 2c
Om
Raghav

On Tue 7 Aug, 2018, 1:23 PM Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l, <