[Advaita-l] Rainbow Body

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:11:48 EDT 2018

Namaste Sriram ji,

What you have said is very true, every word of it. Pranams.
I as given Who am I after I successfully sat for 3 hours in meditation,
that too regularly and managed to experience detachment.
Sri Ramana Maharshi's works are not for beginners. The query or Self
Enquiry, is suppose to end in Atma sthiti.
So after questioning yourself 'Who am I', the question and other thoughts
subside naturally, mind is then directed towards source or 'heart'. Then
there is maun. We must not keep asking who am I every 10 seconds :)

Shri Jaldhar ji also says is true.

The rainbow body is mostly a new age phenomenon. Probably the translator
might be influenced by this new-age phenomenon.
Rainbow body is known as 'sukshma-sharira'.

Rainbow body / light body, is explained here
https://www.gaia.com/article/what-is-a-light-body

New-age masters write many good things, but do you attain moksha?
Traditional method is the best method as it is tried and trusted.

Also note that Sri Adi Sankara did not get moksha or jivan mukti when he
ascended to kailasa. Our acharya has himself said, without Jnana, there is
no mukti' (P.S. mukti is not salvation - salvation is freedom from sins)

Adi Sankara was already a jivanmukta from day one, as evident from his
first exposition, dasa-sloki (he said when his guru asked his intro).
Ascend to Kailasa indicates he went back to sva-dhAma, which indicates he
was not human, but an avatAra or bhagavAn Siva, more precisely BhagavAn
dakshiNAmUrty.

Pranams Shri Venkatraghavan ji

You said: "The state of pure being, as personified by Ramana Maharishi, is
the end / result of sAdhana, not the sAdhana itself."

It is said by Swami Tadrupanand ji that, 'sAdhana of GYAna are not
different then GYAna' :)
He then explains Satsampatti of Vivek ChuDAmaNi.

For example, total control of mind and senses is possible only in samAdhi.
Another name of GYAnI is brahma-niShTha (shraddha), and so on.

As a result of fruits of sAdhanA comes GYAna (without sAdhanA, there is no
mukti). After this fruit, sAdhanA is meaningless, similarly, sAdhanA is
meaningless if it does not gives way for or ends into GYAna. So in GYAna,
the laxyArtha of sAdhana (japa, etc) is 'phalit' (the purpose of sAdhanA is
fulfilled)

OM

Sujal Upadhyay