[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 14:20:00 EDT 2018

//You are conveniently skipping the difficult question. I know what a buffalo
is. I know what a cow is. And there are shAstras  explaining  go-pooja,
worship of Go-mAtA.//
Buffalo has nothing to do with go mAtA.The point is that anything and everything can be treated as Ishwara in advaita, as long as it leads to realization.Perhaps you did not read this article, so posting again.http://creative.sulekha.com/even-a-buffalo-can-be-saguna-brahman_626228_blog
(In Advaita, as taught by Shankaracharya and handed down in the tradition, there is no strict prescription of such and such entity alone should be the saguṇa Brahman. The purpose of saguṇa Brahman is purely to enable the aspirant of the Vedāntic realization of the Nirguṇa Brahman to practice the sādhana of preparing the mind to receive that liberating knowledge. Thus, the concept of saguṇa Brahman is that which is not a natural ontological reality in Vedanta but a devised method which is used for the purpose it is intended and left behind subsequently.)
No less soul than Sri Ramakrishna realized that Christianity and Hinduism lead to same goal. By this time, I think you are not even reading the links sent by me.

If you wish to exclude Jesus or Allah from being Ishwara, then wish you a happy bigotry.