[Advaita-l] Advaita in Everyday life

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 16:44:42 EDT 2018

Muraliji - PraNAms
The Advaita practice involves what Yagnavalkya teaches to his wife Maitreyee - shrotavyaH, mantavyaH, nidhidhyaasitavyaH.
Constant listening to the scriptures, reflecting on the teaching so that there are no more doubts about the nature of the reality, and finally nidhidhyaasitavya constantly meditating on the truth. If you have done the first two completely and still have a question to pose as your post indicates then meditate on the truth that is understood intellectually but not assimilated experientially. The experience I mean abiding in the knowledge that is gained from the first two.
My suggestion is to keep listening/ or studying the scriptures not just to gain more knowledge but as a meditation process to abide in that knowledge that is being pointed out as you study. Keeping the mind in that state is more important than turning the pages. The study itself becomes meditative and forms nidhidhyaaana.
The question of who woke up will get dissolved in the process.
Hope this helps.
Hari Om!Sadananda