[Advaita-l] Advaita in Everyday life

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Fri Aug 17 00:55:11 EDT 2018

Namaste,

Let 'dakshinamurti-stotra' be a part and parcel of your daily life.  This hymn should be contemplated as and when one gets time.

I try to visualise the entire canvas before me as a reflection on mirror there by try to assert myself that whatever we see is a 'virtual reality'.  Thus, 'विश्वं दर्पणदृश्यमाननगरीतुल्यम्' is remembered.  With this sense of assertion, we get a sense of detachment.

Try this 1st shloka by superimposing whatever you see / your surroundings as 'reflections on mirror'.  Imagine a mirror behind whatever you see.  This sort of contemplation brings immense peace and detachment.

Similarly, rest of the shlokas can be contemplated.  Thus, Lord Dakshinamurthi becomes a part and parcel of your life and becomes your Guru.

rgs,
sriram