[Advaita-l] What we could learn from Mythology

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:01:26 EST 2018

Namaste

Samba and Ashwatthama played similar roles in Mahabharata. Ashwatthama
destroyed Pandavas sons and Samba destroyed his own dynasty. Both have
Amsha of Shiva in them. What will Shiva do? He is a destroyer. He is
playing perfect role after Vishnu's role has ended. After the war Krishna's
role ended. He had nothing to do. His Yaadava Vamsha is practically useless
and they are simply wasting time. Therefore at that time Shiva as
Ashwatthama and Samba destroyed everything.  Why should anybody or DP get
upset with this? He should not blame Krishna. It is all Ishwara's Leela.

Moreover Krishna cannot mistreat Samba because he is coming from Shiva's
boon. Krishna showed lot of respect for Durvasa Rishi - another Amsha of
Shiva. Therefore Krishna cannot neglect Samba like that. He was giving
equal treatment to all sons and all wives. Rukmini and Satyabhama were
favourites but other wives never complained He was neglecting them.
Similarly no son complained He was neglecting him.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Nithin Sridhar via Advaita-l <

-Venkatesh