[Advaita-l] kshatriya dharma according to manu smriti and its interpretation today?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 08:18:57 EST 2018

Namaste Raghav ji,

The book, War in Ancient India, by Ramachandra Dikshitar could be useful in
your quest. The chapter on the Laws of War should be of particular
interest.

However, even here, more attention is paid to the manner in which war is
waged, rather than prescribing reasons when war is permissible - perhaps
the view of the ancients was that as war cannot be eradicated from society,
instead of focusing on 'why' wars must be fought (ie in which circumstances
wars are permissible), attention is paid towards 'how' they must be fought.

https://jambudveep.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/war-in-ancient-india.pdf

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <