[Advaita-l] Regarding the Pancharatra, Shankara is one with Purvamimamsa

Sandeep Mulay sandeepvmulay at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 04:18:43 EDT 2018

Shri Raam,

Imo, advait doesn't mean multiple names and forms and theories don't/should
not exist. It means that the substratum/source of all that exists is
One/Brahman. Maya/Illusion  doesn't mean that what exists is false...it
means things are not what they appear to be. The jagat appears to exist but
it is actually Brahman. Separation appears to exist but there is only the
continuity /indivisibility of Brahman.

Of everyone I have read in advait, Robert Wolfe is the clearest. For the
longest time I was biased against foreign authors....I only read the works
of our/Indian authors/rishi's/saints...but clarity did not arise...until I
read Robert Wolfe.

There is no end to debates or clarifications or differences in
theories...but if it is clarity you want, read Robert Wolfe...All that is,
is That.

Shri Raam

On Jul 14, 2018 12:44 PM, "V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l" <

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Kalyan <kalyan_kg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am wondering how far the theories of multiple Kapilas or multiple
> Buddhas are maintainable.
>

> It is a remarkable coincidence that both are held to be incarnations of
> Vishnu. While Kapila #2 (the hero) has also propounded Sankhya like Kapila
> #1(the villain), Buddha #2 (the hero) has the purpose of deluding the
folks
> from the "correct" doctrine. Meanwhile Buddha #1 (the villain) is
> criticized. All these hero-villain duos sharing the same names, is
> straining one's credulity.

Let me add one more to this:  There is the Hero Vasudeva, Krishna.  There
is also a (poundraka) Vasudeva, villain, who dressed and tried to pass off
as the hero.