[Advaita-l] Is Badarayana same as Vyasa?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 17 07:20:25 EDT 2018

The question that no one has addressed is - Do the Brahmasutras refute Buddhistic philosophies or not? If so, what is the data of the Brahmasutras and do we bring the Bhagavan vyaasa's period to post Buddha?

praNAms Sri Sada prabhuji
Hare Krishna

If I am right there is analysis of buddhistic philosophies along with other mata-s like jaina, sAnkhya, vaisheshika, pAshupata, pAncharAtra etc.  at various adhikaraNa-s of sUtra.   But it is not clear about the source material that from which the author of sUtra picked for refutation.    From which of the works of these mata-s these sUtra-s have been formed for analyzation or refutation is not at all clear (saNdhigdhaM at its best at all these sUtra-s :-)  So again from this source of information we cannot decide the desha / kAla of the author of vedAnta sUtra-s.  By the way,  in the geeta itself there is a mention of brahma / vedAnta sUtra, so there is a good valid assumption that sUtra was existing prior to geeta time :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar