[Advaita-l] Is Badarayana same as Vyasa?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 11:48:22 EDT 2018

PraNAms and thanks for the post - just one comment in the end.  ---------------

   On Thursday, July 19, 2018, 11:23:06 AM EDT, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula <raghavkumar00 at gmail.com> wrote:

Incidentally, I remember Swami Vivekananda (who in a sense was not exactly a very orthodox Mahatma) admiring the exegetical consistency across all the commentaries of Shankara, saying that over 1000 years have passed but no one has been able to find any internal inconsistency or contradiction in his commentaries.
Shree Ramanuja in his Shree Bhaashya introduction has laghu puurva paksha and mahaa puurva paksha, where he does take up the Advaita position as illustrated by Bhagavat paada Shankara, for criticism.
In his Shree Bhaashya, He does criticise Advaita-avidya as presented by Shakara in the adhyaasa bhaasya and also in the general description. Ramanuja presents seven untenables against the Advaitic position. I had written something on that long time ago. Whether Ramanuja is right or wrong has also been debated continuously- see Shata dhuushanii of Vedanta Deshika - Some also in NyaayamRitam of Dwaita which was responded by Madhusudhana Saraswati in Advaita Siddhi.
Just my 2c
Hari Om!Sadananda