[Advaita-l] The Vibhutis of Brahman are non-different from Brahman

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jun 7 04:01:29 EDT 2018

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Why such difficulty and interpreting the term 'sarvaM' in your own way?

The definition of that term is already given in 11th chapter of the Geetha, "savam samApnOshi tatOsi sarvaha" (Brahman is all because He is in all).

>  and Upanishad too, sarvaM khalvidaM brahma, it is because of the simple fact that brahman is both nimitta and upAdAna kAraNa of this 'sarvaM'.

Being in all is itself one among many of His vibhUti. There is no difference between Him and His vibhUti-s.

>  yes, the vibhUti-s are his Shakti and there is no difference between Shakti and Shakta..sA shaktiH brahmaiva ahaM Shakti shaktimatOH ananyatvAt says geetAchArya implicitly in brahmaNO hi pratishTAham amrutasyAvyayasya cha..shAshvatasya cha dharmasya etc. in the 14th chapter.

Note that Gita by defining so it is indicating and attesting presence of 'many' (vastu-s) besides such Brahman. All objections about vastu-parrichanntvaM is due to lack of understanding.

>  I don’t think 'many' is denied in Advaita when behind this socalled many is ekaM and adviteeyaM.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar