[Advaita-l] Quarrel between Two 'Kalai' followers of Srivaishnavism

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jun 9 09:30:46 EDT 2018

 Dear Sri Ryan,  Everything is essential from the transactional standpoint
and one has to lead a life observing all the rules pertaining
to do's and dont's i.e. dharma and adharma as
sanctioned by the religion.
 But, when it comes to the question of realizing
the advaita tattva , one has to say goodbye to all thought positions of an individual/entity. It is for this reason that Mantra 2-1-14
of Kathopanishad  right at the beginning states the nature
of the advaita tattva as  " anyatra dharmAdanyatrAdharmAt ||" .
In other words, it declares that one's true nature transcends individuality.
To cognize this truth one must have a Religious mind.
For example if one has to study quantum physics he
has to say good bye to all the knowledge pertaining to
matter and energy he had accumulated in the kindergarten class. So also is the case of one to know The Absolute Truth.
Please do not mix up the standpoints.
With warm regards,Sreenivasa Murthy

   On Saturday, 9 June, 2018, 11:25:08 AM IST, Ryan Armstrong via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Dear sreenivasa ji
>From direct experience it can be said that this is in evidence.
I have neither the birth lineage nor the access due to current circumstance
of देश  and काल to practice the religion.
And yet the Advaita Vedanta Philosophy is readily accepted and studied.

However, the importance of the practice of the dharmas cannot be ignored,
since it is essential in preservation of the Veda.
And the preservation of the Veda is the essential service to mankind and
the world.
For just as an oyster is structured so that a pearl may arise in it, and
the Mahaabhatrata is as an oyster shell to the Bhagavat Gita,
So too The Veda contain the Vedanta that most precious of all gems, by
which the mind can know of its identity with the Supreme and return to its
natural state of utter quiescence.

Sadly, when the advaita-bhava is lost, these scenes occur.
Kind Regards
Ryan

Ryan Armstrong
+27 82 852 7787