[Advaita-l] The Sringeri - Benares Hindu Unversity connection

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:24:47 EDT 2018

With much pleasure and happiness I would wish to inform that the Padukas of
Sringeri (32nd) Jagadguru Vruddha Narasimha Bharati Mahaswamiji, which was
given by (33rd) Jagadguru Sri Sacchidanada Shivabhinava Narasimha Bharati
Mahaswamiji, during the foundation of Benaras Hindu University to Sri Madan
Mohan Malaviya has been found and identified..!

The old event:
https://www.sringeri.net/jagadgurus/sri-sacchidananda-shivabhinava-nrisimha-bharati-mahaswamiji/vijaya-yatras

//Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya deputed one of his friends to invite the
Acharya to Varanasi to lay the foundation-stone of the Hindu University.
The Acharya regretted his inability to proceed to Varanasi at such short
notice and instead sent a pair of his guru’s sandals, which, he said, would
impart greater blessings to the enterprise than he could ever do.//

It was erroneously marked as padukas of Sri Malviya and was kept as an
exhibit at Bharat kala museum.

My friend Karthik Pandit from Mysuru, tried to find out the holy padukas
when he visited Kashi. With enormous efforts he managed to meet & convey
the Paduka's incidence that took place more than a century ago, to Sri Ajay
singh, Director of the museum.
Documentary evidences published by Sringeri Matha, were also given as
proofs.
He took interest & very promptly helped to identify the padukas.
The pictures of the Padukas were shown to Ubhaya Jagadgurus & all these
details were conveyed by Karthik.

Now an article has been published in a Hindi news paper regarding these
Padukas, thus acknowledging this historical truth...!

We request more & more devotees to visit the Bharat Kala Museum at Varanasi
to have darshan of the Padukas, make sure that they will rename & arrange a
separate  monument for the Padukas of our Jagadguru.

[Above msg of Jagadguru's Padukas from Sri Koushik Jois]

The Hindi Newpaper image can be viewed here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2142034899143193&set=a.697484646931566.1073741827.100000101118270&type=3&theater

Namo Namah Srigurupadukabhyam