[Advaita-l] Fwd: Re: "VEDA IS NO MORE veda "

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:36:33 EST 2018

Namaste
Every true statement need not be pramA janakam. It can be just anuvAda of
knowledge from some other source. In such a case we don't say that the
statement is a pramANa for that person. It's just an anuvAda. But that does
not mean it's anRtam.

Another thing is that a statement like the earth is round is later
bAdhitam. But the old statement is still modified and accepted/utilized for
vyavahara by saying
'the earth is (approximately and at short distances) flat ' . And that is
how people go about their lives.

Similarly the statement that the world is absolutely real, is modified and
we say that the world merely appears to be real.

On another note I was wondering how the dvaitins deal with the advaitic
example that the GYAna vRtti which takes place within vyavahAra which is
mithyA, can still lead to prabodha or removal of avidyA, by giving the
example of a dream tiger causing a man to wake up i.e., leading to a change
in the order of reality. That person who wakes up might say that even the
tiger which woke him up is actually just an a-tiger, i.e., not really a
tiger. (a la 'vedah becomes avedah')

Om
Raghav

On Tue 6 Mar, 2018, 1:57 AM Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l, <