[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 06:02:13 EDT 2018

 //Agreed. I am not saying the Atma's perception is lost in deep sleep (for the shruti itself says नहि द्रष्टुर्दृष्टेर्विपरिलोपो विद्यते), I am saying ignorance of the nature of agrahaNam is not perceivable. Its presence can only be inferred by its effects.//

Sri Venkatraghavanji
Ignorance can also be inferred to be absent if Sruti explicitly says so. In this case, Shruti says that there is no second thing in deep sleep. Hence we can infer the complete absence of ignorance.
RegardsKalyan