[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed May 9 01:52:09 EDT 2018

Just to clarify my query in the earlier post, it is related to this statement of yours also,  in response to Sri Anand Ji. If indeed you consider jeeva to be always parabrahman, how does the question of “mergence is indeed with parabrahman” arise. Merging is only when one entity is different from the other. Not when it is the same. Please clarify.
praNAms Sri Chandramouli prabhuji
Hare Krishna
I hope I have I answered this question in one of my mails to Sri Kalyan prabhuji.  Yes, there is no time when jeeva is not brahman since he was / is / will ever be brahman alone…hence he was/is/will not be katru nor bhOktru even though he looks like katru bhOktru due to upAdhi saMparka.  When the jnAni knows / realized that he is tattva / brahma his realization fetch him the knowledge that trishvapi kAleshu akatruva abhOktrutva svarUpaM brahmAhamasmi, netaH pUrvamapi kartA bhOktA vAhamAsaM, nedAneeM nApi bhavisyatkAle iti brahmavidavagacchati.  So merging  of jeeva with brahman in sushupti to be understood since both jAgrat and svapna upAdhi-s do  not exist in deep sleep it is said AS IF he is merged in brahman and there is no avasthA where jeeva is difference from brahma.  Sri SSS somewhere says, when the sushpti is viewed in itself, it is not an avasthA at all and parameshwara grants this boon to each and every jeeva to realize that he is adviteeya in all avasthA and he is avasthAteeta.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar