[Advaita-l] true colour of Chameleon

Abhyudaya Mandal abhyudayamandal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:30:49 EDT 2018

No one can interpret any text completely impartially; everyone is informed
by certain ideologies and worldviews, including the so-called shista (whose
"exemplary practice" is subject to consensus among the dominant power
groups). Pattanaik neither says that his interpretation is the smarta
interpretation nor personally identifies as a smarta. His interpretation
may be invalid on the grounds on lack of scholarship etc., but not on the
grounds of sexual orientation. And this is the key point.

If you want to argue that Pattanaik's interpretation is incorrect and
dangerous because he is part of a global agenda inimical to Hindu
interests, then that is a separate topic. Also, if posting a news-link
about a popular author's homosexuality with the title "true colors of
chameleon" -- especially in a forum that has nothing to do with either
sexual orientation or lizards -- is not considered mocking, then what is?
[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality6&>
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality6&>
10/01/18,
9:46:42 PM

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:07 AM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <