[Advaita-l] Jagadguru Speaks: Good Company Motivates Selfless Service

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 00:04:17 EDT 2018

 sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in wrote:

> Dear Sri Jayanarayanan, Under the Caption "Jagadguru Speaks" you quote only
> such portions which reinforces the idea that one is an entity, that one is an individual. Why don't you present such talks by
> HH Jagadguru where he has  taught 'that one is not an individual,
> but ONE IS ATMAN , ONE IS BRAHMAN' .
> Such teachings will help many mumukShus in this group.I thank you in anticipation.
> With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy

Namaste.

There are two aspects to the Jagadguru's Teachings to a student:

1) THEORY:

This concerns learning the doctrinal conclusions that the Vedic or Vedantic Tradition has arrived at.

2) PRACTICE:

This is about FOLLOWING THE COMMANDS of the Jagadguru for attaining Mind-purification as a step towards Self-realization.

Typically, the Sringeri Acharyas concentrate on the second (practical) aspect more than the first (theoretical) kind.

Regards,
Kartik