[Advaita-l] Two Advaitic verses with a profound combined purport

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 2 02:26:31 EDT 2019

Jagat refers to the nonsentient entities in Creation. It is never stated as Brahman. It is always referred to as mithya. In those contexts where jIva specifically includes the BMI, then jIva is also considered as mithya.

praNAms Sri Chandramouli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I am sorry, I don’t think so. ' Jagat never stated as braman'  is really a sweeping statement which denies the very existence of jagat in its svarUpa.  When Shruti categorically declaring brahmaivedaM amrutaM purastAt, idaM sarvaM yadayamAtmA, sarvaM khalvidaM brahma, yenAshrutaM shrutaM bhavatyamataM mataM avijnAtaM vijnAtaM, brahman is left, right, top, bottom etc. etc., I am afraid conclusions like this especially when jagat is accessible to both jnAni and ajnAni in samAna rUpa through pratyakshAdi prAmaNa, would bring the Shruti hAni.  IMHO, jagat in its svarUpa never ever been negated as  it is pariNAmi nitya and trishu kAleshu one with brahman.  And as per the popular trend, even for the jnAni is jagat would continue to exist and it is because of this only due to prArabdha his BMI (vAng, manaH, kAya) would continue to engage in pravrutti.  samyakjnAnAprAptAvapi avashyaM bhAvinI pravruttiH vAngmanaH kAyAnAM.  When there is an admission of existence of BMI how can we deny the existence of jagat, is this upAdhi of jnAni not paNchabhUtAtmaka ??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar