[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Aug 2 01:08:44 EDT 2019

Not sure if the use of the word yatkincid bhAvarUpA for categorising avidyA (a much weaker word than "hard-core" bhAvarUpA and in keeping with anirvacaniyA khyAti) used by many Acharyas like Sri Sadananda in vedAntasAra help lessen the shock? :)

praNAms Sri Raghava prabhuji
Hare Krishna

"I know that there is no snake for sure and there is ONLY rope but still we don’t want to take risk of going near to it"  the yatkinchit avidyA is something like this 😊  when avidyA is there (no matter whether it is in saMskAra rUpa / sUkshma rUpa / leftover / lesha) you cannot have the 'vidya' at that place.  Ofcourse bhAshyakAra clearly says in Itareya :  vidyAm cha avidyAM yastadvedObhyaM saha...iti na vidyAvatO vidyayA sahAvidyApi vartate ityarthaH, Because ekasmin purusha ete ekadaiva na saha saMbadhyeyAtAM ityarthaH, yathA shuktikAyAM rajata shukti jnAne ekasya purushasya ...and he concludes : tasmAnna vidyAyaM satyAM avidyA asaMbhavOsti. Two different things like tamaH prakAsha cannot be at the same place at same time.   When the avidyA has completely been eradicated then only one can say he is 'paripUrNa jnAni' if there is any microscopic  percent of avidyA in him he cannot be considered as paripUrNa jnAni.  If in a jnAni there is even a tip of the hair ajnAna then he is avidyAvanta only not a samyak jnAni or Atmaikatvadarshi.  Shankara very clearly says this.  If brahmavid varishTa ( the top ranked jnAni as per the gradations in jnAni) himself has the remnants of avidyA then we would not be having the concept of sadyO mukti in Advaita tradition.   Shocks given by vyAkhyAnakAra-s in the name of Advaita siddhAnta cannot easily be subsided when one stick to only mUla bhAshya 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar