[Advaita-l] Are there any good recordings / audios of viveka Chudamani ? to listen and recite along

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 06:29:36 EDT 2019

Namaste Subuji,

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 10:06 PM Subu via Advaita-l <

> I am eager to learn Viveka ChudAmaNi
>
> I have a book, but leaning all by myself is a little tough for me
>
> IF there are good audios (or videos) on the net I can listen,
> simultaneously read from my book, recite along and learn
>
> As far as I know viveka chudamani is recited without swara so reading
> from my book and also reciting with audio may be possible
>
> any help / pointers to either free or paid online sources would be very
> much welcome

I am assuming you meant only chanting of shlokas. VC shlokas are across
different metres and is difficult to shift from one to another with ease
for an untrained. I too was looking for some chanting as I was having a lot
of difficulty chanting even while teaching it. I couldn't find any on
archive.org or elsewhere except for in Sw. Omkaranandaji's Tamil classes on
YouTube. Even there it is in anucchAraNa method where he is really chanting
or three words at a time in no particular metre. If it helps, please have a
look there.

I had already started recording a "basic way" (amateur effort, of course)
to chant them myself, for my own benefit, but they were too noisy with
humming once and with lot of background noise the other time with some 100
verses. So I plan to repeat the recording in bits and pieces as time
permits, unless someone posts a link to an already existing recording. I
shall archive it once done if it helps anyone else.

(On the other hand, if you meant the VC study also, you are welcome to join
the ongoing daily morning classes online but they are with vyAkhyA and it
may be uneasy unless you know Sanskrit.)

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */