[Advaita-l] Can Vishnu Sahasranama stotram be chanted after sunset?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 01:46:17 EDT 2019

Namaste

I had one more question. Can we say Nakshatra Sukta in the day time?
Nakshatras are not visible in day time. Should we chant Nakshatra Mantras
in the night only?

What about Nava Graha Mantras? Except Aditya all Grahas are fully visible
in the night only or before sunrise or after sunset.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:38 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> praNAms Sri Raghava prabhuji
> Hare Krishna
>
> AFAIK, there is no restrictions as such since it is a stOtra not mantra.
> There is traditionally some restrictions not to chant AraNyaka / Upanishad
> mantra-s (like aruNa prashna, taittireeya, mahAnArAyaNa etc.) after
> sunset.  I have seen in satya naraayana vratOdyApana, sudarshana hOma etc.
> VS stOtra chanted continuously all through the night during the pooja /
> hOma.  Anyway this is my view point.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh